OPPO forayed into the smartwatch class in India just a few months in the past with the OPPO Watch, which is among the many extra fascinating WearOS-based units available in the market. That being mentioned, the health band section within the nation is seeing a meteoric rise, and to that observe, the model lately unveiled the OPPO Band Model which retails at a wallet-friendly worth level of Rs 2,999, and encompasses a slurry of options together with SpO2 monitoring, real-time coronary heart fee monitoring in addition to sleep evaluation. That mentioned, there’s no scarcity of compelling health trackers within the nation, so on this evaluate, let’s see if the OPPO Band Model is suited in your wrists.
- Weighs roughly 10.3g (with out straps)
- 1.1-inch, 124 x 294 pixels, AMOLED show with 2.5D curved glass
- 5ATM water resistance
- 100mAh battery
- 13 exercise modes together with out of doors working, biking, swimming, and so on
- Steady SpO2 monitoring, real-time HR monitoring, sleep evaluation, sedentary reminders
- Message and incoming name notification help
- Staying true to its moniker, the OPPO Band Model is among the many nicer-looking health trackers available in the market, and the wearable ships with two straps within the field. Whilst you can outfit the identical with a traditional rubber strap, the corporate has additionally bundled a steel buckle band that elevates the seems of the unit tenfold. In a nutshell, the OPPO Band Model seems elegant and may be dressed each, up and down, relying on the event.
- Each the bundled straps supply a snug, itch-free grip across the wrist and the health monitoring module may be simply unhooked from both of the 2 bands too. I also needs to level out that the OPPO Band Model weighs in at simply over 10.3g and correspondingly, is not going to weigh your wrists down while you’re understanding. Furthermore, the wearable is kind of comfy to put on to mattress too because it received’t poke your wrists after they’re urgent in opposition to the mattress.
- I additionally fairly just like the show on the OPPO Band Model. The wearable ships with a 1.1-inch AMOLED display which affords ample distinction and will get satisfactorily vivid too. The contact responsiveness of the panel is superb as effectively and regardless of its minuscule measurement, I by no means confronted any points utilizing gestures to navigate by the band’s UI.
- Talking of which, the OPPO Band Model encompasses a user-friendly UI that doesn’t warrant a steep studying curve. Consumers choosing the band can swipe left or proper to change between the completely different watch faces whereas swiping up or down will deliver up the record of pre-installed apps. After all, the band will connect with your smartphone by way of the HeyMelody Well being companion app and from there, you’ll be able to variate the order of the pre-installed apps as effectively.
- Since we’re with regards to the HeyMelody Well being app, it’s best to know that the app allows you to finetune numerous different points of the OPPO Band Model too, together with updating the wearable’s firmware, setting alarms, turning ‘raise to wake the display’ on or off, tweaking the period of sedentary reminders in addition to the intervals for SpO2 monitoring, and downloading and making use of new watch faces. At any given second, you’ll be able to have as much as 5 watch faces put in on the OPPO Band Model and the wearable additionally lets you choose a photograph out of your gallery and use it as a watch face.
- The OPPO Band Model additionally ships with a bunch of different niceties together with a built-in media participant to manage your music playback, a distant shutter in your cellphone’s digital camera app in addition to a ‘discover my cellphone’ utility. I examined the entire aforementioned options they usually labored as marketed, so no complaints right here.
- The health tracker can push notifications to your wrist from a bunch of various apps as effectively. You possibly can handpick which apps you need to obtain notifications from and the wearable does a great job of segregating the incoming alerts underneath completely different app icons too. Lest I overlook, you should utilize the wearable to reply or finish a cellphone name too.
- Sadly, the OPPO Band Model doesn’t allow you to revert to notifications. Consequently, should you have been looking out for a wearable with programmable fast replies, the Mi Band 5 continues to be your finest guess.
- Coming to the meat of the matter, the OPPO Band Model tracks steps precisely and through my stint with the wearable, I seen that the unit negated ghost steps effectively too. The HR monitoring was to my satisfaction as effectively, although the readings from the SpO2 monitor have been a tad increased than what I bought from a pulse oximeter. As an illustration, on one event, the wearable outputted a studying of 99 % whereas the heartbeat oximeter recorded the identical at 96 %.
- Sleep monitoring on the OPPO Band Model, nevertheless, wasn’t the perfect. For one, the wearable doesn’t observe REM sleep and I additionally seen that the unit struggled to get a quantity on the precise time I went to mattress.
- As for the battery life, the OPPO Band Model’s 100mAh cell drained by virtually 50 % within the 5 days I spent testing it. Consequently, it’s best to be capable to get round 10 days of backup off a single cost and that’s with steady coronary heart fee monitoring and SpO2 monitoring enabled.
The OPPO Band Model retails for Rs 2,799 in India and for the value, will get the fundamentals proper. To that observe, the wearable affords correct step monitoring, a snug and trendy design, two units of straps in addition to a slew of different health monitoring options that work as marketed. That being mentioned, the tracker faces stiff competitors from the Mi Band 5 (evaluate) which doesn’t simply retail for much less, nevertheless it additionally affords higher sleep monitoring metrics, extra watch faces in addition to an choice to revert to notifications. Nonetheless, the OPPO Band Model does have an ace up its sleeve, that being SpO2 monitoring, which, within the present state of affairs, is a must have characteristic. Consequently, patrons available in the market for a classy health tracker with SpO2 monitoring will really feel proper at house with the OPPO Band Model.
Editor’s score: 4 / 5
- Trendy design
- Correct step monitoring metrics
- SpO2 monitoring
- Comes with two units of straps
- Sleep monitoring isn’t the perfect
- Lacks help for fast replies