(-) – Apple’s voice assistant Siri has quite a few completely different choices in terms of its voice. It is not feminine by default, and you’ll select from quite a few completely different accents, in addition to between female and male, relying in your choice.
Right here is the right way to change Siri’s voice on iPhone and iPad, in addition to the right way to train Siri the right way to pronounce sure names to ensure it at all times says them proper.
The best way to change Siri’s voice on iPhone and iPad
You possibly can select between American, Australian, British, Indian, Irish and South African by way of accents for Siri. Inside these, there’s a alternative of 4 American voices and two voices for all of the others, making a complete of 14 voices to select from.
To vary Siri’s voice, comply with these steps:
- Open Settings
- Faucet on ‘Siri & Search’
- Faucet on Siri Voice
- Choose the accent you need Siri to sound like
- Choose the voice throughout the accent
It is also value noting you’ll be able to change the language too so when you love the Irish accent for instance, however you need Irish Siri to make use of American English, you’ll be able to choose American English in language.
Open Settings > Faucet on Siri & Search > Faucet on Language > Choose your choice.
The best way to train Siri to pronounce names in a different way
Have you ever received a reputation that everybody at all times appears to pronounce mistaken? Or does Siri at all times say a reputation in your contacts mistaken if you ask it to name them?
You possibly can train Siri the right way to pronounce sure names so when it says that identify, it says it the best way you need it stated.
To show Siri the right way to pronounce a reputation in a different way, comply with the steps beneath:
- Say “Hey Siri, discover ways to pronounce [contact name]
- Say how you’ll pronounce the identify when prompted by Siri
- Play the choices displayed on the display screen
- Choose the choice that finest mimics the way you need the identify pronounced
- Siri will say “Nice, I’ll pronounce it ‘[contact name]’ any longer.
Writing by Britta O’Boyle.